Hello and welcome

 Gidday, Hello, Kia Ora.

My name is Thomas. Welcome to my new blog where I'll be sharing incites to my daily work and improvements. 

A little history on me, (skip this paragraph if your a little self centered and just want information for your own use, in other words...no empathy) back in 2020 I began my work in Philosophy with a paper in the subject at the University of Tampa in Florida U S A. With big dreams after acing the subject my mind began to wonder, a little too much. We all know what happened at the start of 2020, I really don't want to bring it up but it involved a lot of home time. My mind began to wonder and i became stuck on topics that weren't really real. In 2023 I met my girl friend and things started to look a lot better and I began working on myself like no other period of my life, I did a full 360 when I began to read about stoicism and how much it worked with me. Today, I'm writing from the comfort of a healthy home in a healthy body. 

Religion, Emotions, Great thinkers and daily activities drive me to keep pursuing the end goal (I won't dive into that today) which I believe we all personally need, without it, each day, each moment loses its importance due to the inability to work towards something bigger than what you already are. 

Todays main topic is the effects of money.

Without this possession, many lose grip of life, they lose purpose plus hope and spiral into a space that every wealthy person couldn't dream of. Poverty is all around us every day, god, our whole economy is built on debt, credit cards with imaginary funds that each consumer hopes to repay. Why has the world turned into such a money driven reality? 

I'll leave that answer to you, because every person should put themselves into the shoes of someone less fortunate then themselves, I'd say the though of this might just get you through your working day.

For profit vs Non profit. Companies come in all sizes and shapes, many use a hierarchy system that you could work your way up, some have an even playing field where everyone has a say in all activities and initiatives. But what's at the center? Is it for the people or for the pay check at the end of the pay cycle, again you tell me? Lets switch it up, a non profit company or organization where each individual volunteer has a drive and impact that goes beyond all those blue, white collar workers, why? their presence is not based on a quota or a financial goal, its solely based on them wanting to give back to something they may have a passion for. I'm not saying drop everything and all your financial goals and simply live off donations at the local service station where you volunteer to rent out a McDonald's cup and say hi to strangers (no offence taken please), every one requires finances to live day to day, with a roof over their head and a nice meal to energize themselves, I just want to prove to you different drives in people outside of the working world.

A man once said "I will get to wear a gold crown" communicating his wealth to Epictetus, a famous Philosopher who believed in control in ourselves and many other strong beliefs seen in stoicism who you most likely have heard of before, he replied to the man by saying "And they will put a crown made of roses on you for your funeral, you will look even more elegant in that" Lets break that down, a gold crown, wow! imagine that, does that get you into a drive to work harder, well for Epictetus he sees the process of life, you are born, no matter what you do in life you will die, and a sign of beauty to show ones life is in flowers, which carry nearly no wealth compared to gold which is the most expensive resource, puts things in perspective yeh? 

To finish today's blog if your still here, I just wanted to say, enjoy every moment, you never know when those roses may be on top of your head. When that bank account is looking so sweet, remember the people who go each day without the basic necessities.

Thanks for reading guys!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The mind, body and spirit

Taking time to relax